What is Elder Law?
Elder law is a legal specialty. It focuses on the needs and rights of senior citizens. Since these needs are varied, Elder Law covers many areas of life. There are legal issues affecting seniors simply because of their age, and specific issues that disabled older citizens face. Some important concepts are retirement, Medicare / Medicaid, Social Security and estate planning.
What Kind of Things Does an Elder Lawyer Do?
According to the Senior Citizens Guide, an Elder Law attorney provides advice and guidance in many areas, including:
- Estate Planning (Execution Of Wills And Trusts) For Management During Life and After Death
- Trust Administration and Probate
- Powers Of Attorney
- Elder Abuse and Fraud
- Advance Directives for Healthcare
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Planning for Incapacity and Long Term Care
- Health Care and Mental Health
- Nursing Homes
- Social Security
- Veterans Benefits
Our Expertise and Compassion Shines Through
Whether you have issues concerning finances, estate planning, ensuring the best living situation for you into the future, or healthcare planning, Jennifer Walter Fowler, NY Elder Attorney can guide you.
Our goal is to provide top-quality legal services in all areas of elder law in a friendly, personalized manner.